Getting to your hotel / guesthouse from Ben-Gurion airport
To get to Haifa from Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv) airport, there are essentially three options (for additional information, consult the airport ground transportation webpage):
Shuttle service run by "Amal Taxi Co." provides transportation to the door of the hotel or guesthouse. The cost is about 120 NIS (18€). The service is available at all times and can be found just outside of entrances 01 - 03. (Tel.+972 (0)4 8662324).
There is a direct train to Haifa. Buy a single ticket at the vending machine/kiosk (about 45 NIS, credit cards are accepted) and go down the stairs to the platform. Look for trains in direction of “Nahariya” and get off at "Haifa Hof HaKarmel (Razi`el)" station. The ride is about 85 minutes and trains run frequently except on Shabbat (Friday afternoon to Saturday night). Check the Israel railway website for a precise schedule. To get to your accommodation from "Haifa Hof HaKarmel (Razi`el)" station use one of the following options:
- Taxi. Taxis await outside the station during most of the day. At night, availability may be limited and you may need to call the taxi service at +972 (0)4 8555022 or (0)4 8550055. Insist that the driver puts on the meter and ask for a receipt. The cost is about 60 NIS.
- Bus to Forchheimer Guesthouse. Exit the train station and walk to the nearby bus terminal. Take bus number 11 and get off at the first stop on the Technion campus (about 30 minute ride). From there it's a five minute walk down the hill to the guesthouse (you may ask for directions to the nearby university pool). Consult the Egged bus service website (the bus terminal near the train station is called "Merkazit Khof Ha-Karmel CBS") or Google directions for more details.
- Bus to the Dan Panorama Hotel. Exit the train station and walk to the nearby bus terminal. Take bus number 133 and get off at "Wedgewood/Elisha Hospital" stop (about 30 minute ride). From there, it's less than a ten minute walk to the hotel. Consult the Egged bus service website (the bus terminal near the train station is called "Merkazit Khof Ha-Karmel CBS") or Google directions for more details.
Taxis to Haifa are available via an official dispatcher just outside the arrival hall, to your left (do not use an unauthorized taxi). The ride will cost about 600 NIS (the night fare is higher).
You may use Google map for directions to the Dan Panorama hotel or Forcheimer guesthouse. To enter the campus, inform the guards at the gate that you are coming for the conference in honor of Haya and Robert in Electrical/Industrial engineering and/or that you are staying at Forcheimer guesthouse. This should be enough to give you permission to enter. Parking is possible anywhere on campus, but at busy times could be difficult to find.
Getting to the workshop venue
The workshop will take place in two different rooms:
Monday: Talks and reception will be held in room 1003 in Meyer building (electrical engineering department).
Tuesday to Friday: Talks will be held in room room 112 in Bloomfield building (industrial engineering department).
If you are staying in Forcheimer guesthouse:
Both conference venues are about 10 minutes walk from the guesthouse. Click on the appropriate venue above to see map location.
If you are staying in the Dan Panorama hotel:
A designated bus will take all hotel guests to the conference and back each day. Bus times are as follows:
- From hotel to workshop: 8:00am each morning.
- From workshop to hotel: 30 minutes past the last item on the program each day.
If you are arriving by car:
Click the appropriate venue above for its Google map location. To enter the campus, inform the guards at the gate that you are coming for the conference in honor of Haya and Robert in Electrical/Industrial engineering. This should be enough to give you permission to enter. Parking is possible anywhere on campus, but at busy times could be difficult to find.
If you are arriving via public transportation:
Consult the Israel railway website and Egged bus service website, or alternatively Google Map for directions (click on the appropriate venue above to see its map location). A reasonable way to get to Technion via a train to "Haifa Hof HaKarmel (Razi`el)" and then taxi (50 NIS) or bus to campus.